Synlico Inc. is a resident company of Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JLABS, a premier life science incubator program. Synlico envisions rewriting medicine by bringing causality to cellular biology. We are an AI-powered Drug Discovery startup developing cutting-edge engineered T cell therapies to combat solid tumors with the latest advancements in single-cell bioinformatics, machine learning, and causal discovery. We are a passionate team of young scientists and professionals who value innovation and teamwork. Our research is highly interdisciplinary and team oriented. We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic machine learning scientist who will lead/participate in several of our projects with our science team. Our HQ is at South San Francisco, CA, United States. For more information, please visit www.synlico.com.
This is a hybrid position which means the candidate can work remotely if preferred. As a member of our science team, the machine learning scientist will
- Design state-of-the-art causal & ML & DL algorithms for biological systems at the cellular level.
- Foster strong collaboration with bioinformatics, ML, and causal teams and provide expert opinions to project peers.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends in causal discovery and ML, leading innovation initiatives and incorporating fresh ideas and technologies.
- Ph.D in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or will be graduating with Ph.D before June 2024.
- Demonstrate a robust research history and strong publication record.
- Strong foundation in machine learning & deep learning, along with proficiency in related tools such as Pandas, Pytorch, TensorFlow, and Sklearn.
- Expertise in causal structure discovery & causal inference.
- Solid coding and problem-solving skills, experience with real word data.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision.
- Passionate about addressing complex, real-world challenges and creating impactful, innovative solutions.
Interested candidates please submit your CV with a full list of your publications to email@example.com
Synlico is an equal opportunity employer. At Synlico, we value differences and are committed to a diverse workplace that fosters inclusion for all employees. Synlico provides a work environment that respects each individual and is free of all forms of employment discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.